adventures in the kitchen
Friday, September 12, 2008 Sweet and Sassy BBQ Chicken Pizza


I found this recipe on a coupon for canned chicken in Sunday's paper. I already had a can of chicken (and the other ingredients), so I decided to make it for lunch Thursday. I'm a big fan of BBQ Chicken pizza, so naturally I enjoyed this one. I used a whole wheat crust to try and make it a bit more healthy.

Ingredients

1 can (10 oz.) Hormel Chunk Chicken, drained (go figure, the recipe was printed beside a Hormel coupon...I'm sure you could use any brand of canned chicken)
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3/4 c. barbecue sauce
1 (12 in.) prepared pizza crust
3/4 c. shredded Pepper Jack cheese

In a large skillet, saute onion slices in olive oil until caramelized. Spread barbecue sauce on pizza crust. Top with chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and caramelized onions. Bake at 450 degrees F for 12-15 minutes, or until heated through and cheese has melted.

Labels: ,


Posted by kristy :: 12:05 PM :: 1 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------