Saturday, April 12, 2008
Stuffed Peppers

Or, as we like to call them "Stuft Peppers". Hello, all! This is Page, Kristy's friend. I haven't cooked much lately since my hubby has been away at school, but now I have been in the mood to cook and can't wait to make this for him when he gets home! It's a super simple recipe from The Hubby's mom, Pat but does kinda take up a lot of pots (sorry, Katy ;):
Ingredients:
4-6 Bell Peppers
1 T oil (I use EVOO)
2 T chopped onion (I like more, so I use a half an onion)
1/4 t dried thyme
A Dash of savory
A Dash of black pepper
2 c. yellow rice
3/4 c. tomato juice
1 lb. hamburger meat (I use 80/10 'cause I like it rather lean)
Ketchup as needed (Optional)
You can change up these ingredients as you like to your preference. If you are using less than 6 peppers, I would reduce the amount of hamburger meat and rice unless you just want some left over for later.
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Preheat saute pan to medium heat - add oil.
3. Fill large pot about 5 inches high with water (or high enough to cover the peppers) and bring to a boil.
4. Clean peppers, cut off their tops, take out their interior seeds and boil for about 5-6 minutes.
5. Brown onion in oil with hamburger until hamburger is cooked. Add the remainder of the ingredients to the hamburger and mix.
6. Fill peppers with hamburger mixture.
7. Next (optional) add squirt of ketchup on the top of each bell pepper mixture. We like to put the initials of the person it is for spelled out in ketchup ;)
8. Bake on baking sheet (I cover mine with aluminum foil so it's one less pan to clean!) for 25 minutes.
9. Make husband clean dishes.
ALL DONE!
***Update from Kristy: I made these last week and they were delicious!!! Here is a picture of the final product.

Labels: appetizer, beef, entree, peppers, rice, tomato
Posted by Page ::
4:58 PM ::
5 comments

Post / Read Comments
---------------oOo---------------