adventures in the kitchen
Sunday, April 20, 2008 Funfetti cookies



This recipe is sooo easy that I'm almost ashamed to post it. I got it off the Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix box and was shocked that something so simple could taste so good. Here are the directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix one box of Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix (a 18.9 oz. package), 1/3 cup of oil and 2 eggs. Stir until moistened. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. With bottom of glass dipped in flour, flatten to 1/4-inch thickness. Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheet. Spread Pillsbury Funfetti vanilla frosting over warm cookies. Top with sprinkles immediately. Let frosting set before stacking cookies. Makes apx. 3 dozen cookies.
Okay, here's my question: do you think you could use any type of cake mix in this recipe or do you think it has to be Funfetti? Also, I've heard about people who substitute apple sauce for vegetable oil in their baking. Has anyone tried this? I can't help but think about how much that would decrease the calories and fat in this recipe.

Labels: ,


Posted by kristy :: 2:00 PM :: 5 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------