adventures in the kitchen
Sunday, May 11, 2008
SAL'mon Casserole

Cheesy SAL'mon Casserole
The story: Well, we all know how to say salmon- (sounds like)"sammon". I had litterally thrown this recipe together and for some reason kept saying (in my head) "SAL"MON. I'm not retarded, I just was tired and trying to cook something for church. And when I got to church, Leah asked me what I made and I told her, "SALmon Casserole" and she corrected me. And the whole time I thought I was saying the correct pronunciation and I wasn't... so I just continued to pronounce the 'L'. And yes we can all just say the 'L' sound in Cheesey SAL'mon Casserole stands for "LEAH"
Preheat oven at 350
Need:
2 boxes of mac and cheese (7oz)
1 can of salmon (or tuna if you prefer) (about 14-15 oz)
1 regular sized can of green peas
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
About 2 cups of *bread
* With the bread situation I just used some left over biscuits my mom made that morning for breakfast. Anything like that is good to use (crackers, sandwich bread, croûtons, biscuits, etc.)
1. Cook the mac and cheese as directed on box
2. Cook the peas as directed
3. Combined mac and cheese, peas, can of salmon (you may want/need to dice in smaller pieces), and mushroom soup then mix 'er up good
4. Transfer everything into casserole dish
5. Crumble your bread on top
Cook until the top is crispy or golden brown. Of course, this will depend on your crust.
==> Like I said, this was a thrown together recipe and I like to just take different casseroles and put different ingredients in my head to make something better or make adjustments so I don't have to go to the store. This was absolutely the case...but I had a ton of people at church ask Justin and I for the recipe and I left the church with an empty dish.
Of course this may be too much if you want to feed a family of 3-6. Just split everything in half. You can add more or less soup depending on if you want creamy or thick casserole. This recipe is completely adjustable
Posted by HollyHolsombake ::
10:20 PM ::
0 comments

Post / Read Comments
---------------oOo---------------