Monday, April 21, 2008
Jalepeno Tilapia
Jalapeno Tilapia is one of my very favorite dishes at Johnny Carino's. I found a recipe on the Internet that I think tastes a lot like the entree that I've had there. I made it tonight for Payton, my mom and dad. Everyone liked it, or at least said they did, though dad did say it was a bit spicy :) (Now is a good time to disclose that I REALLY like spicy food, but I, too, found this recipe to be a little overboard when it comes to the jalapenos. The next time I make it I'll use 1/2 - 3/4 cups of jalapenos instead of 1 full cup. ) Below is the recipe.
Ingredients
- 6 tilapia fillets*
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup diced jalapenos (again, I recommend using less than 1 cup)
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 pinches of pepper
- 2 pinches of garlic salt (or 2 pinches of garlic powder and 1 additional pinch of salt)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup lemon butter
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 1 cup diced roma tomatoes
* I used frozen tilapia fillets that I had thawed in a bowl of milk (I once read that allowing frozen fish to thaw in milk helps it lose that distinct frozen seafood taste).
Directions
- Heat melted butter and garlic in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Dredge the tilapia fillets in the flour and add them to the melted butter and garlic. Continue to cook over medium heat.
- Once the tilapia has finished cooking on one side, flip the fillets over and add the jalapenos, spinach, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Prepare the angel hair pasta in boiling water and allow it to cook 3-4 minutes. (I didn't have angel hair pasta so I used regular spaghetti noodles. They were good, but I still prefer the angel hair with this dish).
- Once the fillets begin to flake, add the heavy cream, and bring mixture to a slight boil.
- Once the cream begins to boil, remove the pan from the heat and pour the lemon butter into the sauce
- Put pasta in bowl and pour fish and sauce over the pasta.
- Garnish with fresh roma tomatoes and parsley.
This dish goes great with a salad and bread. If you're looking for something to spice up your menu, this is a good choice! This recipe feeds 4-6 adults.Labels: jalapeno, pasta, spicy, tilapia
Posted by kristy ::
9:34 PM ::
1 comments

Post / Read Comments
---------------oOo---------------