Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Granny Barry's Fried Cornbread
I came across this recipe while I was filing this morning & since Kristy has been asking me to post it for months now, here goes . . .
Serves: 4-6 (probably more than this, our family just REALLY likes this cornbread)
Cooking Time: 2-3 minutes (again, this is according to Granny and is probably a little conservative - I'd say the whole process is at least 15 min.)
2 c. corn meal (medium or fine ground)
1/2 c. self-rising flour
1/2 c. + 1 T sugar
2 1/2 to 3 c. milk
1 1/3 c. chopped onion
2 t salt
Mix all ingredients, stirring well. Pour about 2" of vegetable or olive oil into frying pan. Bring to hot temperature. Drop large tablespoons of mixture into hot oil. Cook until brown. Turn over & cook other side until brown. Remove from pan and place on paper towels to soak up any excess oil. Serve warm.
Enjoy!
Posted by Katy ::
9:48 AM ::
0 comments

Post / Read Comments
---------------oOo---------------