adventures in the kitchen
Friday, May 1, 2009 Halibut Alaska

I rarely prepare fish at home because I prefer it grilled and I don't have the patience to clean the grill afterward! Baking it tends to make your entire house smell fishy, but this dish created a yummy aroma and was a hit with my whole family. I have a picky husband and a sometimes-picky two year old, so that's really saying something! Try this out if you're looking for something different. I found it on the Kraft site, so it's super easy. I cut the sour cream and mayo way down to save on calories, and it was still really good.  I should have taken a picture, it turned out beautifully. Enjoy!!


Halibut Alaska
1 1/2 lbs Halibut (or Tilapia, any similar fish would work)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise 
1/3 cup grated Parmesan (I used  Sargento's shredded Parmesan, mozzarella, and asiago)
1 Tbsp. lemon pepper seasoning (I used Cavender's Greek seasoning instead)
Dash ground red pepper (cayenne)
3/4 cup Japanese style bread-crumbs (any bread-crumbs will do)

Heat oven to 425. Place fish in 15x10x1 inch pan. (I used a 9x13 Pyrex). Mix all remaining ingredients except bread crumbs. Spoon mixture over fish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and fish flakes easily with fork. 



Posted by kristen g. :: 1:12 PM :: 2 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------