adventures in the kitchen
Friday, April 10, 2009 Moroccan Supper

This meal was one of my e-mealz.com meals for last week, but I'll admit that I almost didn't try it because the thought of broccoli, beef, chick peas, rice and raisins mixed together did not sound appealing. But, my curiosity got the best of me and at the last minute Wednesday night I decided to give it a whirl.

To be honest, it's very different from anything I've ever tasted, but it's good. Really good. Payton liked it but suggested I make it as a side dish next time to go with chicken or steak. Will, like me, was hesitant to try it at first, but once he tasted it he really liked it and ended up eating a plate full. It's a pretty simple recipe, so if you get a chance, try it and let me know what you think. I'm interested to know if others like it as much as I did.

Moroccan Supper

In a large pot, brown ground beef. Drain and remove from pan. In same pan, heat oil and saute onion, garlic and rice (save the seasoning packet) Slowly stir in water, cumin, cinnamon and seasoning packet of Rice a Roni. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in beans/peas, broccoli, raisins and ground beef. Cover and simmer 10 more minutes. Serve.

Labels: , ,


Posted by kristy :: 12:38 PM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------