Sunday, March 8, 2009
Chewy Butterscotch Pecan Bars

I got this recipe from a "Bars 'n Brownies" cookbook that I purchased from a co-worker's daughter (school fundraiser) when we lived in Birmingham. I had never used this particular recipe before, but had the ingredients in our pantry, so I decided to try it this afternoon. The final product was delicious!
Ingredients:
2 cups biscuit baking mix (I used Bisquick Heart Smart b/c it was in the pantry)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup pecans, toasted* and chopped
1/2 cup butter melted
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
Directions:
Combine first four ingredients in medium bowl and mix thoroughly. In a large bowl, combine butter, egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients mixture to butter mixture. Stir until well blended. Spread batter in a greased 8-inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes, or until bars are light golden brown. Cool completely and cut into 2-inch squares. Yields 16 bars.
*To toast pecans, spread evenly on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes. Stir halfway through baking. Pecans should be lightly browned.Labels: dessert, finger food
Posted by kristy ::
2:37 PM ::
3 comments

Post / Read Comments
---------------oOo---------------