adventures in the kitchen
Friday, November 21, 2008
Carrot Souffle
I made this souffle last Christmas and it was a big hit. I'm normally not a fan of carrots, but this is delicious AND really easy, so I'm putting the recipe on this site so I can remember to make it this holiday season, too :)
The recipe came from the Jenks Avenue Church of Christ's "Treasured Recipes" cookbook.
1 lb. carrots, sliced
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
Cook the carrots until tender. Drain. Add the butter and mash the mixture (use blender of processor.) Mix the sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla and eggs. Add to the carrots and blend well. Pour into a 1 quart casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serves 4 to 6. May be doubled, but cooking time should be increased.
Posted by kristy ::
9:33 PM ::
0 comments

Post / Read Comments
---------------oOo---------------